BURSARY OFFICE CAMPUS GAMBANG
- Payment Managing Funding Unit
- Non-Prime and Mobility Student Financial Units
- Gambang Responsible Centre Funding Unit
PAYMENT MANAGEMENT FUND UNIT
The Payment Unit is responsible for the act of managing payments which involves fund management for staff claims, supplier claims and other claims as well. The main role is to ensure all payments are carried out in compliance with the circulars’ regulated procedures. The unit is also responsible for handling periodic report preparations regarding suppliers and other claim payments.
FUNCTIONS / SERVICES
Manage payments for staff travel claims and other claims
Manage payments for suppliers
Manage utility payments
- Manage payments for part-time academic lecturers, speakers, facilitators, coaches and instructors including and cultural activity coach.
To administer and manage finances for Staff, Suppliers and other Claims:
- All advanced applications for staff are processed and paid within seven (7) working days from
the date on which a complete application is received.
- All payments for claims, to suppliers and other claims for Fund Managing will be paid within fourteen (14) days upon receiving the billing and supported documents.
- Any sort of concerns will be clarified immediately.
2. NON - PRIME AND MOBILITY STUDENT FINANCIAL UNIT
The Non-Prime Student Financial Unit is responsible for the financial management of non-prime students in Universiti Malaysia Pahang. Non-Prime students consist of students of the PIE, PEC and mobility programs. The unit is also responsible for designing and implementing policies related to the financial management of non-prime students based on University policies and financial regulations.
FUNCTIONS / SERVICES
- Responsible for the invoices production for non-prime and claim fees to sponsor
- Provide a credit note to non-prime students
- Manage related payments to non-prime students
- Issue official receipts for all payments regarding non-prime students
- Manage student and general ledgers and audit response
- Manage credit control
- Prepare reports on a regular basis
- Coordinate matters related to non-prime students with the Academic Management Division (BPA) and International Office.
- Efficient management of finance for non-prime students and in compliance with financial regulations, accounting and audit by implementing:
Efficient and accurate counter management system. Official receipts will be issued within three (3) minutes.
- The number of claims (invoices) are provided within seven (7) working days from the date of application accepted.
- 100% of transaction receipts, vouchers and journal are posted to the ledger accurately.
- Invoices are issued and delivered on a fixed date.
- Invoices are issued to the sponsors of registered non-prime students, and letters of claims are sent to the sponsors within two weeks after the semester starts.
3. GAMBANG RESPONSIBLE CENTRE FUND UNIT
The Gambang Bursary also monitors the Gambang RC Finance Unit. RC financial representatives assist and support in practically all functions of the bursary position. These include the budget scope, procurement, payment, development, asset management, students and staff.